Top five questions for juniors to ask when visiting colleges
- “What type of student is successful at your college or university?”
- “What do your students do for fun?”
- “What other schools do students applying to your school typically consider in their college search?”
- “What are the top five majors at your college or university?”
- “If you could change one thing about your college or university, what would that be?”
Questions to avoid asking while visiting colleges
- “Do you have a good program?” It’s ok to ask an admission officer about a program you’re interested in, but do so in a more constructive fashion. For example, “Do biology majors get time in the lab?” or “What is the focus of your psychology major?”
- “If my Mom went here do I automatically get in?”
- “Where are the parties on campus?” It’s perfectly fine to ask about the social outlets on campus but consider how you phrase a question before asking it.
- “What is the lowest GPA I can have to get into your college or University?” Instead of asking for the lowest GPA consider asking the average or median GPA of last year’s entering class.